In a previous post, I discussed important legal documents seniors should have. Sometimes it can get overwhelming with the choices given when looking for a document program. In this article, we’ll take a look at which computer program will better fit your needs – Quicken WillMaker Plus 2019 vs. Quicken WillMaker & Trust Premium. A few questions to ask yourself are; what documents do you want to create? Do you want to download the program or do you prefer to have a disc that uploads to your computer? Is customer service important to you? By answering these questions and reading this review, you will be well on your way in choosing the right program for you.
Creating your own documents will save you a lot of money compared to hiring an attorney. However, after completing your documents, you might want to consult with an attorney to be sure everything is complete, compliant to your state, and covers your needs.
Please be aware for both of these versions; estate planning documents are not valid in Louisiana, U.S. Territories or Canada.
- Average customer rating on Amazon.com 3.6 out of 5 stars
- Price – Varies depending on system option – see here
- ASIN – B07GLQVWGF
- 1 GHz or higher and memory minimum 2GB
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- MacOS 10.11 or higher
- CD-ROM Drive: If installing from disk (download code provided in the box)
- Software: PDF viewer
Three options at different price points: If you purchase this product be sure to choose the version you want – Mac download/PC/MC disc or PC download. It’s imperative to select the right option as returns are not allowed.
Description: Quicken WillMaker Plus 2019 is Quicken’s basic WillMaker program. However, being the basic line, it does come with quite a few forms which depending on your situation might be all you need.
- There have been some reviews stating dissatisfaction with the customer service and tech support given.
- Might not have all the forms you need.
- Updates through 2019.
- Great price point.
- Good product for the price.
- Average customer rating on Amazon.com 4.6 out of 5 stars
- Price: See here
- ASIN: B07GF7LHVH
- 2GHZ memory and 2GB HD
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Mac OS 10.11 and higher
- Comes with a CD and Download Keycard
Description: Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2020 Premium comes with a lot of bells and whistles. Though a little more expensive than Quicken WillMaker Plus 2019, in my opinion, it is well worth the price if you need more extensive documents.
- Comes with a lot of documents and you may be in a place in life where they don’t pertain to you and thus would be overkill.
- The price is higher than the Plus.
- Customers rated this an average of 1 star higher than the Plus platform.
- State Specific.
- Many more documents.
- Included is an array of Nolo’s eBook Library topics.
- Updates through 2020.
What has your experience been with creating legal documents either by yourself or with a third party? Comment below.